Thursday, November 28, 2013

Keep Thanksgiving A Tradition

I wish you are able to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with family and friends and have a wonderful time! Things seem to be changing right before our eyes, and I for one appreciate what I see.

I recall the time when everyone had the day off for New Year, Easter Sunday, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Most major holidays fall victim to big-box retailers who are slaves to the unholy dollar, and keep their doors open. Now it looks like Thanksgiving is going away, too. Why we should take note of this? If it can happen to Thanksgiving, we may expect Christmas to fall next.

Already we see movie theaters, grocery stores, and gas stations open. It’s only a matter of time before Christmas goes altogether. I think it’s a shame people find themselves saying, “I’m just grateful to have a job.” Translation: Work or else!

What happened to the days when people felt secure in their job? Secure enough to enjoy the holidays with family and friends and not fear losing their job because of an Ebenezer Scrooge employer?

If you’re one of those people who must work on the holiday, my thoughts and prayers go out for you. I wish you are able to enjoy some of this time despite having to work in order for people to spend this holiday season spending money when they could enjoy this time with people who mean the most to them.

I hope you don’t feel I’m sounding morbid. I only hate to see special holidays disappear for all the wrong reason.

Happy Holiday and God Bless!


David

No comments:

Post a Comment